BNPRT und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

223 Kommentare
« Seite 3 von 9 »
Mensinator
03.02.2006 14:44

Um das mal wieder hochzuholen:

Zitat:
HR

Maynard writes to say that the mastering of the new album is nearly done. We can probably expect it to be released before long, to go along with their upcoming live shows in Europe this spring/summer and tour in the USA afterwards.
HR

Quelle

Und bei Visions (oder so) stand was von Mai Smiley

Magnus
20.02.2006 20:18

Allerorts werden Festivaltermine bestätigt, wann gibts nun endlich die Karten für die 3 deutschen (offiziell?) bestätigten Termine?

[addsig]

nima
20.02.2006 20:21AdminSupporter

die drei termine sind nur fakes. das waren die daten der 2002-tour. denke aber dass in spätestens 2 monaten ein berlin-gig bekanntgegeben wird.[addsig]

Magnus
20.02.2006 20:31

Hehe, ich hatte schon meine Festivals um die TOOL-Termine herum gelegt. Berlin wäre spitze, käme mir am nächsten.[addsig]

Mensinator
06.03.2006 12:55

Jemand müsste mal hier den Thread-Titel ändern Smiley

Zitat:
HR

Das Baby hat einen Namen: Wie ein Sprecher der Band mitteilte, soll das neue Tool-Album auf den Namen "10,000 Days" getauft werden. Erscheinungsdatum nach wie vor 28. April, Tour Anfang Juni.
HR

Quelle

Ein vergleichsweise normaler Name...
Ich bin ja so aufgeregt Smiley

nima
06.03.2006 13:07AdminSupporter

Zitat:
HR

Mensinator schrieb:
Jemand müsste mal hier den Thread-Titel ändern Smiley

HR

bei teleincision soll es sich ja angeblich um die live-dvd handeln.

bzgl dem album-titel bin ich noch etwas skeptisch. Smiley klingt irgendwie zu normal[addsig]

PeleAlmquist
06.03.2006 13:09

Zitat:
HR

nima schrieb:

bzgl dem album-titel bin ich noch etwas skeptisch. Smiley klingt irgendwie zu normal
HR

ich glaub auch nicht ganz dass 10.000 days . wirklich der endgültige name wird . klingt auch für mich viel zu normal für tool ... ich mein wenn man ma die namen der letzten bedenkt .

Mensinator
06.03.2006 15:36

Zitat:
HR

nima schrieb:
wobei das auch auf toolband.com steht. bin aber trotzdem skeptisch Smiley
HR

Ihr kennt das ja: "Think for yourself" Smiley
Ist vielleicht wirklich nur ein Witz, wäre nicht das erste Mal. Ich sag nur Lachrymology *g

Zitat:
HR
HR

Stimmt, hab ich vergessen...

Mensinator
08.03.2006 00:41

Der Titel wurde laut t.d.n. nochmal von offizieller Seite bestätigt:

Zitat:
HR

Well so much for all the conspiracy theories. A reliable source confirms that the title is "10,000 Days." There it is! (Those of you complaining that it "doesn't sound like a Tool title" might want to refer back to other mathematically-themed names such as "Forty-Six & 2", "4 Degrees", "Parabola", etc.) It is sounding more and more like the album will be out at the start of May.
HR

nima
08.03.2006 20:19AdminSupporter

2 typen waren bei einer pre-listening in australien. folgendes ist bei rausgekommen

Zitat:
HR

"Now something that people might think I have held out, but I might as well drop the bombshell now… I was privileged enough to hear the brand new Tool album yesterday in its entirety. It is titled ’10,000 Day’ and it will be released on the 6th of May (Australia) and the members were present during the listening session, of cause Justin Chancellor, Danny Carey and Maynard James Keenan are currently in Australia promoting the album. And what can I say about the brand new album? Well some might have had the privilege of going to a few listening parties, and yes they are privileges, but after a couple of songs you get a little bit distracted and you start talking to people because I really find it difficult to take in an album, regardless of what it is, the very first time when you’re sitting there amongst people and you’re all staring at the floor like you’re at a funeral and at the end of a song you’re sort of obligated to clap etc. But I will tell you the opening cut for the new Tool album just smacked me in the head and it certainly is far more aggressive than what you’ll hear on or what you heard on Lateralus album. The band have actually said they’ve been listening quite heavily to Meshuggah which they’ve taken out on tour several times over the last couple of years… and throughout the rest of the album there certainly are very lengthy Tool tracks where they’re definitely renowned for those progressive sound scapes and Danny Carey as always is truly on fire with some amazing drumming. And there’s a couple of interesting vocal ideas too put in there by Mr. Maynard James Keenan. This is a very brief assumption on the album so I’m looking forward to hearing it properly when it does come out so May 6th is the release date (Australia) for the new Tool album called ’10,000 Days’ but expect nothing short of a monstrous production. Not exactly sure who produced this new album? I don’t think they used Dave Botterill on this one but it’s certainly raised the bar in the production stakes for the band even though we’ve always known them, the last few albums, to have very very polished productions. Expect the same on the new one. But expect a lot more heavier tunes as well. So that’s a mini mini brief rap-up of the new Tool album. Not a lot to give because like I said it’s very distracting to sort of listen to albums in that sort of environment. I just cannot wait to get a hold of the album when it comes out like everybody else because I don’t think there will be any advanced copies going out. And what I noticed too, when the band turned up, actually right at the very end of the album, Mr. Maynard James Keenan, white shirt and jeans and a cowboy hat, I kid you not, walked over to the DJ booth, and there was only a good 20 or 30 people there in this venue, walks over to the DJ booth as the last song finished, ejected the cd himself, put it in the cover and put it in his pocket. So there you go. The band are personally delivering this album themselves and taking it back themselves because of, generally, internet leaks which happens in albums like this, especially in the anticipation in an album like Tool, which has been 5 years in the making since Lateralus’ 2001 release. So there you go. Look out for the new Tool album May 6th and ask me what I’m gonna think of it around that time when I’ve really absorbed it as well as yourself. I’m always curious to hear what you people think of certain releases that are coming out as well…"

Hope this was beneficial...
HR

2. Meinung zum Album

Zitat:
HR

Back now. It's a really fucking good solid release.

First few tracks are much heavier guitar wise than lateralus. Staying on pretty straight grooves most of the time 6/4.

Vocals are a lot more likened to APC stuff too.

Then the whole album turns a bit spiritual and you get a lot of tabla and bongo work. HEAPS of intense build ups.

Track 5 or 6 will be the single. Punchy. Catchy and has this awesome Vocal intro.

THE LAST SONG IS THE BEST TOOL SONG EVER WRITTEN.

Electronic drum kit and it's just the most epic thing i've heard.

Looks like it's an end of April release and no name is confirmed yet.

HR[addsig]

NoelGallagher
08.03.2006 20:41Supporter

Zitat:
HR

nima schrieb:
danke. auch wenn es hier am anfang nur um die dvd ging Smiley
HR

LOL, ich les hier gar nicht richtig mit. Dann ändere ich den nochmal. Smiley[addsig]

Mensinator
14.03.2006 16:56

Gerade bei Visions gelesen:

Zitat:
HR

Fans von Tool sollten sich den 27.04. mit dem breitesten aller erhältlichen Eddings im Kalender anstreichen, da an diesem Tag zeitgleich in sechs Städten die sogenannten "Get It F!rst"-Events statt finden. Dabei handelt es sich um Record Release-Partys einen Abend vor dem offiziellen Erscheinen des neuen Albums "10.000 Days" in den Läden, auf denen das neue Album nicht nur erstmals gehört, sondern auch zu einem Sonderpreis erworben werden kann. Außerdem wird dort, und nur dort, ein einzigartiges Tool-Konzerterlebnis verlost: Zwei glückliche Gewinner werden sich die Tool-Show bei Rock Am Ring von der Bühne (!) aus ansehen dürfen. Sie erhalten überdies ein Ticket für das gesamte Festival. Ein Besuch lohnt sich also immens. Hier die Locations vom 27.04:
Berlin - Sage Club
Bochum - Planet
Stuttgart - Club Prag
Aachen - Nightlife
München - Keller
Frankfurt - O 25
HR

Ob ich nach Frankfurt fahre?

Mensinator
14.03.2006 16:59

Achso, die Tracklist gibts auch seit ein paar Tagen:

Zitat:
HR

The track listing for "10,000 Days" has just been released via the official site!

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres

A few more mathematically-oriented titles, and certainly a lot to discuss. (Including the ongoing question about whether we are being toyed with ... though at the moment that is unclear).
HR

Quelle: t.d.n.

PeleAlmquist
15.03.2006 12:04

also ich weiss nicht . das sieht so garnicht nach tool aus . ich hab langsam echt bedenken ob TOOL wenigstens noch die gleiche art von mucke machen wie auf den letzten beiden alben .. also dem artwork nach zu urteilen köntne das album auch in die richtung charts gehn Smiley

The-Evil-One
11.04.2006 19:04

hörs gerade. hab mich auch grad bissel informiert und die meisten meinen wohl "definitiv kein tool". wobei es schon garnicht so übel klingt. egal ob jetzt tool oder nicht Smiley[addsig]