Filter (Gerücht)

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2005 (u.a. mit Green Day, Iron Maiden, R.E.M.)

eröffnet von Kaan am 30.01.2005 21:48 Uhr
15 Kommentare - zuletzt von cheffe

sta3dNezzorFAcidXcaaasaKaanjonnyy111
jonnyy111 und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

Kaan
Kaan
30.01.2005 21:48AdminSupporter

NEWS 12/25/04

FILTER IN THE STUDIO:

# Legendary Jane’s Addiction bassist Eric Avery, Failure mastermind Ken Andrews, and Filter’s own Frank Cavanaugh recently answered a few questions about the album in progress...

Q: What does the new Filter album sound like?

K: It sounds really good. Rich's voice is in top form right now and he's really coming up with some great vocals.
F: It's kind of like Radiohead meets Soundgarden.

Q: How does it differ from previous albums?

K: It’s hard to say at this point because its not quite finished yet, but I would say it’s leaning a bit on the heavier side of things. Lots of energy.
E: I only heard a couple of songs, but his approach to the whole thing is much more like his first record in spirit.

Q: What is your role in the new project?

K: So far, I've been writing guitar parts and structuring them into songs for Rich to sing over. I've played some bass as well.
F: I showed him some of the material I had been working on and it felt like old times... within about 20 minutes, one of the songs was done, which was really cool. It felt great to be working with Rich again.
E: So far, it has been to lay down a bass foundation for Rich to build on. Aside from that, we will have to see. I’m happy to help him out in any way I can so... I guess we will have to see what the future brings.

Q: What is it like working with Richard Patrick?

K: Really fun. I'm a huge Filter fan, so getting to work on this music is just a blast and Rich is just a great instinctive musician. He guides the sessions and keeps the focus on the emotion of the track.
E: Rich is great. I hadn’t seen him since the first Lollapalooza, so I wasn’t sure what to expect (this biz can do evil things to a person), but he was great. Authentic is a word I like to use to describe people I admire and he was that; authentic.

Q: What can fans expect?

E: I only heard a couple of songs but what I did hear was lush, heavy and dark. All that you would want from rock and roll, in my opinion.
F: It's old Filter, essentially. When Rich did the first record, he was 24 or 25 and it was piss and vinegar, balls out rock and roll and that's what I think it's gone back to. There's a lot of honesty in the music now that comes through and I think people will dig that for sure.

# New Rich Words have been posted (12/25)

* Richard’s Project – The Damning Well
Richard Patrick has teamed up with Wes Borland (formerly of Limp Bizkit), producer Danny Lohner, and Josh Freese (most recently with A Perfect Circle) for a project called The Damning Well.

The first release by The Damning Well is a song entitled "Awakening" which will be featured on the soundtrack for the soon to be released film "Underworld". The soundtrack is out now.

* TOMBRAIDER 2
Filter’s “The Only Way Is The Wrong Way” is on the soundtrack to TOMBRAIDER 2! This is an amazing soundtrack, be sure to check it out.

Quelle

---

ich will ich will ich will ich will Smiley

Neues Album scheint ja bald zu kommen Smiley Und wer Filter nicht kennt sollte sich schleunigst mal reinhören... Sänger ist übrigens Richard Patrick... ehemaliger Tourgitarrist von NIN...

mal ein kleines Portrait rausgesucht...

Filter Band Bio von laut.de

Ruud
30.01.2005 21:50

Hey, richtig originelles Topic Smiley
Dürfen gerne kommen, obwohl ich ja nur einen Song kenne Smiley

Kaan
Kaan
30.01.2005 21:55AdminSupporter

danke auch hier für die Lorbeeren Smiley

paar Anhörtipps:

American Cliche
God Damn Me
So I Quit
Take A Picture
Welcome To The Fold
Where Do We Go From Here
World Today
You Walk Away

sollte reichen Smiley

RegularJohn
30.01.2005 21:56

Ey Kaan, Filter sind zwar geil, aber live eine echte Zumutung. Wer ihren letzten Bizarre Auftritt gesehen hat, weiß was ich meine Smiley[addsig]

Ruud
30.01.2005 22:02

Zitat:
HR

Slipknotism schrieb:

soll ich den King_Moik Modus anwerfen? Smiley Lieber nicht wa? Smiley
HR

Nee.... Bitte verschone uns Smiley

heulsuse
30.01.2005 22:47

ich glaub ich hab die mal als support von den smashing pumkins gesehen (oder war es eine andere band? Smiley)

da war der sänger stockbesoffen wenn ich mich recht erinnere, war aber nicht schlecht, also gerne Smiley

DiveAndTurnaround
30.01.2005 23:00

Zitat:
HR

Slipknotism schrieb:
ich war da nicht da Smiley will seh'n will seh'n will seh'n Smiley

soll ich den King_Moik Modus anwerfen? Smiley Lieber nicht wa? Smiley
HR

Scheint hier schon ne bekannte Größe zu sein Smiley

GongoJack
31.01.2005 09:02

Zitat:
HR

RegularJohn schrieb:
Ey Kaan, Filter sind zwar geil, aber live eine echte Zumutung. Wer ihren letzten Bizarre Auftritt gesehen hat, weiß was ich meine Smiley
HR

also wenn man ihre ganze "amerika kacke" weglässt, fand ich ihren auftritt doch wirklich mehr als ok !!

also ich seh die immer wieder SEHR gerne

Holly-Wood
09.03.2005 12:40

Ich kenn zwar auch nur Take A Picture, wäre aber absolut nicht abgeneigt mehr Live zu hören / sehen.
Filter dürfen sehr gerne kommen!

cheffe
09.03.2005 12:48

Zitat:
HR

RegularJohn schrieb:
Ey Kaan, Filter sind zwar geil, aber live eine echte Zumutung. Wer ihren letzten Bizarre Auftritt gesehen hat, weiß was ich meine Smiley
HR

ohja, ne halbe stunde gespielt, sänger total unsympathisch und die setlist hat nichtmals one und die damalige single where do we go from here beinhaltet... ich war nach dem auftritt wirklich enttäuscht.

Anzeige
Anzeige