the \"we-only-talk-english-cause-we-are-cool\" fred

eröffnet von everlast am 13.06.2004 21:10 Uhr
54 Kommentare - zuletzt von NiWa

NiWa
07.08.2004 18:56

Dont worry... As you ve probably heard a dozen times before: After a few weeks you will start dreaming in english & thinking english in your subconsciousness.

Happend to me in week 2 when I was in USA, and it was such a great feeling =)

Once you are at that point, the real fun starts, you ll be able to conversate without any translation going on in your mind.

Your accent will also get very local too, though that will take a bit longer. I experienced that after 3-4 weeks, I started to imitate my friends accent over there quiete successfully.

Unfortunately you ll lose that ability once you are back in germany, (unless you have chance to constantly speak english).

puppe_sturm
07.08.2004 18:44

Zitat:
HR

NiWa schrieb:
Omg, wicked!!! Lucky you =)
LOTR !!!11111

Let me guess, you are staying 3 days in Hongkong? (recent arcticle on spiegel.de mentioned that the average hongkong visitor stays for exactly 3 days of pleasure & leisure)

The furthest south i ve been so far in my life were either NYC or Gran Canaria (I was just 2 years old though, so dunno if that should really count ;=)

Furthest East was Crete.
Actually all of these were holiday trips so not quiete the same like you ending up in New Zealand for a whole year.
HR

I really stay for 3 days (exactly 3 nights and just 2 days) in hongkong, same in sydney. I´ll be travelling for a week from Sun 22nd Aug to Sun 29th Aug till reaching Auckland...... It´ll be very hard but also interesting I hope...

I´m very lookin forward to going to NewZealand as I wanted to go there for at least 4 years now - not because of LotR Smiley but cause of the gorgeous landscape.... *dream
But I like LotR Smiley

And I hope I´ll like English better getting used to it there...... Smiley

NiWa
07.08.2004 18:36

Zitat:
HR

Atreju schrieb:
hey this fred is awesome.. great idea carsten
maybe those girls on the train were orginally english and they wanted nobody to understand them (*G* yeah right!) i like to listen to people who speak english.
HR

Well theres always a chance that one of them is just over here for a visit but in this case they were just showing off: "We only talk english cause we are cool" ;=)

NiWa
07.08.2004 18:35

Omg, wicked!!! Lucky you =)
LOTR !!!11111

Let me guess, you are staying 3 days in Hongkong? (recent arcticle on spiegel.de mentioned that the average hongkong visitor stays for exactly 3 days of pleasure & leisure)

The furthest south i ve been so far in my life were either NYC or Gran Canaria (I was just 2 years old though, so dunno if that should really count ;=)

Furthest East was Crete.
Actually all of these were holiday trips so not quiete the same like you ending up in New Zealand for a whole year.

puppe_sturm
07.08.2004 18:22

I do, too =) sometimes I really like English... but I´m not really used to it - think I´ll get in a few weeks.... (Oh my god...Smiley)
I´m very looking forward to rocking Hongkong, Sydney and last but not least NewZealand!! Smiley yeah Smiley Smiley

Atreju
07.08.2004 17:32

hey this fred is awesome.. great idea carsten
maybe those girls on the train were orginally english and they wanted nobody to understand them (*G* yeah right!) i like to listen to people who speak english. [addsig]

NiWa
07.08.2004 15:40

Well... guess what i just encoutered in the tram?

I came back from shopping, had to travel one station. Took my seat, and right in front of me were two young girls talking english like nuts all the time. After 2 minutes of "Oh my god - It's like - You know - Wow - So Weird" in every second sentence, they were asking their friend on the seat behind them in german "Hey, hast du nen Euro klein?"

Well I really like talking english myself, but it has to be reasonable somewhat, don't ya think? =)

Made me smile though ;=)

Trisiahne
18.06.2004 17:27

And I'm bored with the stupid text about "the romantic artist" I should read for my poetry seminar. It's not only boring, it's also written in English and I don't understand it. They should create a new Studiengang for students of English who can't speak (or write or read or even understand) any English. That would be so fucking brilliant! Yes.

RiotGrrrrl
18.06.2004 17:22

hi dudes!

goddamnit...i'm so fuckin' bored... anybody out there? chatroom empty, board empty, head empty... stupid? yes Smiley

load
18.06.2004 16:17

My name is John. I'am 27. I'm from Spain. I'am a teacher. I love football and music.

Oh, the first lesson was sooooo funny.

Anja_HAL
18.06.2004 12:39

oh my god...
you´re so wunderfull that i can talk with you and my ossi-englisch.. höhöhöhö
youre spiek so inglisch a s well as a inglisch man.. oh mei god tha´s so nice.. i can´t believe ist... ach jes[addsig]

Haedbaenga
17.06.2004 21:57

sats reit... sen ei will nau diklär as bos äs se inglisch-sred-gods...

faggin schit, is sät diffikelt tu spiek sis stränch släng of inglisch[addsig]

Comatose
17.06.2004 21:50

Zitat:
HR

Haedbaenga schrieb:
no, anfordschunelli not. meybi u?
HR

nott rielie! Eim sorrie!

Comatose
17.06.2004 21:49

batt itt mast bie mohr importänt ent wie nied mohr beiträge... it mast bie mohr poppjuhlahr!!!

Haedbaenga
17.06.2004 21:40

jes, i sing so. änd wi musd si, sat ewriwan will notis sis sred. sen ser will bi a gräht schänz sad it wud ged ä kult sred...[addsig]

Kaan
Kaan
14.06.2004 17:27AdminSupporter

Zitat:
HR

Flashfahrer schrieb:
I'm very pleased to add a notice to this extraodinary threat
HR

what? I can't find any extraordinary threat! just an extraordinary thread Smiley

Anzeige
Anzeige
Icon