Beirut - The Rip Tide

Beirut Forum: Diskussion zum Album The Rip Tide

eröffnet von Stebbard am 16.05.2011 17:35 Uhr
12 Kommentare - zuletzt von Stebbard

roxar
roxar und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

Stebbard
16.05.2011 17:35

Condon revealed that he’ll have a new album – his first since 2007 -- out “sometime this summer.” The as-yet-untitled set was recorded during this brutal past winter in upstate New York with frequent collaborator Griffin Rodriguez and the “core” crew of six to seven of Condon’s usual touring musicians. “It’s almost like I’m crystallizing the sound that I’ve come to adapt. I’ve been very centered on what the Beirut sound actually is, and what is my voice and melody and my sense of rhythm. It’s been about maturing,” he says. He concedes however, that he opted to track the set further north because “I can’t really work in Brooklyn. It’s too busy here. It was a total New Englander thing to pull.” He says it was a solitary retreat, to a house with a fireplace and a dog and the woods. “It’s horrible, I just fell into the footsteps of a number of clichés. By accident, I even ended up staying right next to the Woodstock festival grounds. I’m kicking myself,” he laughs.

via Hitfix

Zitat anzeigen

Gibt auch schon ein paar Videos zu den neuen Songs

Stebbard
07.06.2011 22:02

01 A Candle's Fire
02 Santa Fe
03 East Harlem
04 Goshen
05 Payne's Bay
06 The Rip Tide
07 Vagabond
08 The Peacock
09 Port of Call

Stebbard
04.09.2011 14:18

interessiert zwar niemanden - aber, wider erwartungshaltung, ein richtig gutes Album geworden!

PJSD
04.09.2011 14:19

Ich finde das Album nicht so gut. Mir fehlt irgendwie etwas, was bei den Vorgängern dabei war.

halfjesus
04.09.2011 20:08

Da muss ich noch reinhören. Hab so das Gefühl, dass die mir gefallen könnten

Stebbard
04.09.2011 20:22

PJSD schrieb:
Ich finde das Album nicht so gut. Mir fehlt irgendwie etwas, was bei den Vorgängern dabei war.

Zitat anzeigen

Ich finds gerade gut, das so einiges von March of the Zapotec nicht dabei ist

Anzeige
Beirut
Mehr dazu
Anzeige
Anzeige
Icon