Howdy from Texas!

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2005 (u.a. mit Green Day, Iron Maiden, R.E.M.)

eröffnet von TexasAggie am 02.03.2005 07:56 Uhr
42 Kommentare - zuletzt von ieifert

sta3dNezzorFAcidXcaaasaKaanjonnyy111
jonnyy111 und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

42 Kommentare
« Seite 2 von 2
TexasAggie
07.03.2005 08:31

You are very helpful, thank you again and for making the effort to write in English. I am now ashamed, because so many people make such an effort to speak in English for me, I will try more to write in German.

I need the practice anyways. And I will see about this other place to camp, because I would like somewhere to wash up before I sleep, I do not like to sleep dirty. If it rains I am sure there will be a lot of mud, and therefore it will be useful to wash.

Thank you again Smiley I am so happy to meet so many nice people on here. I hope that all the ringrockers that can not speak or read English very well are also so nice.

FBG
07.03.2005 09:10Supporter

yeah, the other ringrockers who aren´t so great in english how i am (muahahahaha) are nice too Smiley

at müllenbach you have the advance that you have engery for music boxes, a "kühlschrank", a sandwichtoaster, and a lot of stuff which u dont need at RaR Smiley i go with ca. 20friends to RaR. so, we need OWN music (because your neighborhood can make terrible sound, u will see) and we have a "Kühlschrank" for our meet & beer. althought we can make open fire to make our foot. at the RaR-campingplace is this not allowed, but no one cares about that .... Smiley
and at müllenbach u have bathrooms where u can take a shower. this bathroom will be cleand two times the day.
and if its rain, like last year, there is a lot of mud at the RaR-campingplace.
but from müllenbach u have to walk 20 minutes till the festival; from the other campingplace is it ca. 5 minutes.

the homepage from müllenbach is www.camping-am-nuerburgring.de perhaps u will find some interested information there.

Kaan
Kaan
07.03.2005 10:28AdminSupporter

hey there...

as FBG has already told you a lot about the money question, let me tell you about the Hurricane / Southside thing... Bonn is like in the middle west of Germany - Hurricane is far in the north and Southside far in the south. So, you'll have to pay for the train to get there additionally... to go there by car is expensive also... anyway, I'll go to the Southside festival since it does not really matter weather I go to Hurricane or Southside from the distance... I chose Southside because the weather is supposed to be better in the south than in the rainy north (last year we had about 26°C compared to rainy days in the north)... further a lot of nice people from Ringrocker will be at southside too... but if we might get three people into one car, we could share the money for the gasoline... we'll have to see...

talk to you later Smiley
[addsig]

TexasAggie
07.03.2005 10:39

Ahhh I looked and it makes sense. As long as I see NIN and Flogging Molly, I dont care which I go to. So Southside would also be fine Smiley

And I accepted you on ICQ as well, so we can talk and whatnot, if you are ever on.

I dont know much about German weather, but I want to try to avoid mud at these concerts the best I can.

When I went to the Warped Tour last year to see Bad Religion and Flogging Molly, it rained all day and was miserable. Also people flung a lot of trash and wet paper pulp into the air, so everyone was covered with mud and paper and condoms and all kinds of gross stuff. So washing is important .. the clothes I wore were totally ruined.

Kaan
Kaan
07.03.2005 10:45AdminSupporter

yepp, I'll be online but I have to leave home soon so, I'll catch you there later...

umh, I haven't experienced something that gross at Rock am Ring so far... Sometimes there might be mud-throwing at the camping places, but if you don't want to get involved, you won't be... and about the mudd at the festival place itself - there won't be any since it is a race track! the talentforum used to be at the side of it on the grass 2002... and it rained so it got very muddy... but they moved it a bit to the side, so the main place in front of it is a part of the race track... also the place in front of the Alternastage is mainly street... and the place of the Centerstage is all asphalt since the stage is placed behing the formula1 boxes...

Smiley
[addsig]

TexasAggie
07.03.2005 10:56

Well .. it was a wild time, and in front of one of the main stages was a large storm drain, so all the water and filth ended up right in front of everything.

When Brett Gurewitz (Bad Religion/Epitaph Records founder) was on stage doing his sound check, he just laughed at the madness in the crowd, clothes and mud and mushed up paper was just going everywhere. He knew that the whole day had built to Bad Religion .. so when they were on it was a wild time. There were 50+ year old people in front of me throwing stuff around too, it was fun, just dirty.

Anyhow, its good to know that its pavement around the stages, however that can actually be a bad thing for moshing (as I assume yall do this too) because unlike ground, pavement hurts a lot if you hit it hard. Same goes for crowd surfing, if someone gets dropped, or you launch someoen and they go foward 20 feet where people arent ready for them, they land on their head on the pavement instead of soft ground.

Regardless I will have a fun time and wear boots I suppose, since it is good to have ankle support.

All good knowledge and have fun with your day .. it is still 4am here in good ole GMT -6, I am doing my Linear Algebra homework due in 7 hours, then I will probably work on my Electronics homework and my Engineering Economics homework. Ahhh fun times.

TexasAggie
11.03.2005 21:16

Christian is the chief admin around here right?

Because first time I see him on, suddenly this is in FAQ hehe ..

Seems the Sheriff is back in town and cleaning things up.

TexasAggie
11.03.2005 21:32

Ack! Please send the message again Kaan! I didnt understand the word and I deleted it Smiley

Stupid american strikes again!

martinzinnecker
11.03.2005 21:39

Zitat:
HR

spike schrieb:
hey,
say "du" (nicht "Sie") to us.
HR

da fällt mir dieser blöde spruch ein:

you can say you to me...

Smiley

RiotGrrrrl
11.03.2005 21:42

Zitat:
HR

martinzinnecker schrieb:

da fällt mir dieser blöde spruch ein:

you can say you to me...

Smiley
HR

Smiley

[addsig]

TexasAggie
17.04.2005 10:04

Okay so Im back with questions.

I am trying to figure out how to get to southside for the least money.

I find that a train ticket from Bonn to Tuttlingen costs like 90 euros, and I found that flying to Zurich is like 70 euros round-trip. But then again Zurich is like 150km from Tuttlingen!

Ugh this is so frusterating, I just want to have fun and it looks like I will need to rent a car for both of those weekends or something.

Why does having fun have to cost so much money? ;p

Okay thats all I had to ask .. whats the best way to get there if you have no car ..

I havent checked rates on renting cars yet, but I suspect they are better than the train price or the airfare, so maybe Ill just rent a car for each of those weekends, and then fly to Prag when I go.

Thanks for any advise and it seems that I will be in Germany in 34 days.

Wow .. thats scary and exciting at the same time.[addsig]

DarkCounter
17.04.2005 17:14

ask someone to take you with to that festival .. many people of that board here are goin so there's probably some space left in any of their cars

ieifert
17.04.2005 17:18

Hi,

the train might be very expensive. I'd recommend the website www.mitfahrzentrale.de
There, you can search for people who give some other people a ride. Normally it is very cheap. I always paid 15 - 20 € for 450 km. This might also be the prices for Bonn - Tuttlingen.

Anzeige
Anzeige