Rock am Ring vs. Rock im Park

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2003 (u.a. mit Iron Maiden, Metallica, Placebo)

eröffnet von MuEmperor am 27.05.2003 23:24 Uhr
11 Kommentare - zuletzt von TexasAggie

LuddddikesjenizzleJennyChaosGizmo953Aloxe
Aloxe und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

MuEmperor
27.05.2003 23:24

I haven't really done a lot of research (since I can't understand German), but what's the difference between Rock-am-Ring and Rock-im-Park then?

The Ring one is at the Formula 1 racing track, right? What about the Park one?

DarkCounter
27.05.2003 23:39

the aren't big differences .. the line-up is the same but only the locations are different ... rock im park is in ´nürnberg in the frankenstadion and the ring at the nürburgring ... the people going to those festivals are generally the same ... the wether is mostly better in the park but many say the ring is better because it's the original one ... your dicission ... (sorry, i don't speak english very well ... )

Yokoho
27.05.2003 23:45

Rock im Park is in an Soccer Stadium! In Nürnberg!

Rock am Ring is in the Wood one a Formula one racing track!
Any questions?

Greets

Sascha[addsig]

MuEmperor
28.05.2003 08:41

Quote:

Any questions?

Well, yes, how can they cram three stages into a single football stadium? And does Rock-im-Park even have a camping Area then?

Steve-O
28.05.2003 09:17

There are three stages at Rock in Park, but only the Center Stage is in a football stadium. The second stage ist open-air right next to the stadium and the third one is in another sport-hall or something like that.

The Camping Area is probably near to the stadium, but I don't know where exactly.

Just to give an advice: Rock am Ring is the better one Smiley

[Nachricht geändert von Steve-O am 2003-05-28 09:18]

tom2tom
26.11.2009 13:09

*herauskram*

Rock im Park > Rock am Ring

Zumindest was die Quantität im aktuellen Lineup anbelangt, denn mit Punch & Nerves und Rammstein stehen dort doppelt soviele Bands fest Smiley[addsig]

GraveDog
26.11.2009 13:13

ENGLISH PLEASE Smiley

otherwise "all the people" just don't know how to handle this "information" Smiley
edit: ok...

TexasAggie
01.01.2010 16:56

Yeah I was confused the first time I visited Germany too.

Rock am Ring is at the Nuerburgring and Rock im Park is in Nuerburg, to understand that Nuerburg and Nuernberg arent the same thing was my first challenge.

Also this is clearly a Rock am Ring forum here so the information provided will be decidedly skewed towards Rock am Ring.

I have been to Nuernberg several times and the Zeppelinfeld in Nuernberg is where all of the NSDAP rallies were in the past, the Germans are slowly and although they wont say it, deliberately letting these grounds become ruins, Rock im Park accelerates this process.

Also its interesting to go see the Grosse Strasse on the other side of the Stadium, it is a parade street paved with hard stone, I believe that Albert Speer designed it as part of the Reichstadt architecture. The giant unfinished building that they use as a documentation storage these days was supposed to be a Partei Congress Hall .. all very interesting things that the Germans have now turned into peaceful and public use areas in order to erase their dubious past.

Of course as far as the festivals themselves are concerned, history lesson aside, I would go to Rock am Ring because of all the cool people from Ringrocker.com, they are a bunch of really open and cool people and especially David, one of the administrators is a really great guy. If it wasnt for David and the Ringrockers I wouldnt have met my wife Smiley

Anzeige
Anzeige
Icon