Cologne to Koblenz Trains

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2011 (u.a. mit Coldplay, Kings Of Leon, System Of A Down)

eröffnet von thepaddock am 15.05.2011 23:49 Uhr
3 Kommentare - zuletzt von thepaddock

PastorOfMuppetspsychofaktoryMonkey76concertfreakBury420KaangordianTopfjenizzlesphVKarma9Christianschmiddie
schmiddie und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

thepaddock
15.05.2011 23:49

Hello everyone, hope you can help me out with this...

We are planning to get the train from Cologne to Koblenz on Wednesday morning and then make the return journey on Monday morning.

The prices on the Deutsche Bahn website say this would cost about 40 euros (20 euros each way). Would they cost the same if I just bought them on the day of travel in the train station?

Also...

If we don't book tickets in advance, is this likely to cause any problems? I guess these trains will be pretty crowded!

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am used to the UK rail system, which is probably the worst in existence.

thanks

Obi-Wan
16.05.2011 14:30

Hey,

in brief: you won't have any problem at all .

The indicated price of 20 € is the usual price, so it wont get more expensive than that. 20 € for the faster train (called "IC" on the webpage of the Deutsche Bahn) or 17,40 € for the regional train (RE). No problem to buy the tickets on vending machines on that Wednesday and Monday at the station.

There is always tickets available as reservations are not obligatory. So don't worry about that, you will arrive Koblenz .
Maybe you have to stand up during the ride if it is too crowded, but you will have access to the train.

Anzeige
Anzeige
  • zuletzt von MichelAusLönneberga
    in Festivals in Deutschland
  • zuletzt von RocktröteAlex
    in Festivals in Deutschland
  • zuletzt von Rockender_Altenpfleger
    in Festivals United
Icon