Rookie ringrocker - any advice?

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2010 (u.a. mit KISS, Muse, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein)

eröffnet von DitchNJ am 05.11.2010 04:24 Uhr
5 Kommentare - zuletzt von baul

LustigerAstronautMezmerize7sevenAndyson86Rialto91wsk253
wsk253 und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

DitchNJ
05.11.2010 04:24

Well I'll be a noob in 2011 and I'm starting the planning now. Got a couple Q's.

-Tickets apparently go up for pre-sale on December 1st. Is Eventim or Poste the best way to order them online internationally?

-Wristbands. Can get 'em where you park if you're driving in right? Can you park in any designated lot?

-Camera policy. No brainer that video and audio are out. But I'm a photographer by profession. Stills allowed?

-My German sucks. BAD. Other than the usual manners (please, thanks, help, etc.) how much do you really need?

Other than that, if you veterans have any advice, it's more than welcome. No doubt the bands will be awesome, and the experience will kick ass. Thanks for any help guys.

-Ditch

manumo1988
10.11.2010 15:12

Hey...

-Eventim or Poste... guess that doesnt really matter. I always order my ticket at Eventim and I had never any problems with them so far.

-There are special spots on several campsides u can get the wristband. You just go there with your ticket after parking and building up your tent and stuff and get it. Parking lots and campsides are separated. There are only one or two spots where u can park right next to your tent, but otherwise u are not allowed to park next to your tent. But every campside has its "own" parking lot.. so its not too far to walk

- You can take pictures with any mobile phone or any digicam, but you are not allowed to use reflex cameras.

-How much german will u need....good question. I dont think you will have any problems cause there is always someone who speaks at least a little english. And I guess drunk people always understand each other, no matter what language they are actually speaking You should be fine I guess...

Hope I could help you a little.

Manu

IndieCaro
IndieCaro
10.11.2010 15:50

We met some Swedish people at Rock am Ring last year and they told us, they were having the greatest time ever, and as they could speak hardly any German, i guess, there are no difficulties with the language. As it is normal in Germany for pupils to learn English in school, most of the people will be able to understand you. I always love to meet people from around the world, so you should just start talking to random people.

don't worry too much, relax and have an amazing time

hedos
14.02.2011 18:49

Hey, im from sweden and me and my friends where at rar last year. Neither one of us could speak german very well but we had no problems communicating with anyone =)

baul
14.03.2011 20:40

i don't think that you will have to be able to speak german at rar, because even most of the german people don't really speak german any more later the evening when they have drunk one or two beer

well, maybe they drank a few more than one or two

Anzeige
Anzeige
Icon