Robbie Williams Forum: Diskussionen zu Robbie Williams

eröffnet von Gerry am 24.10.2006 23:45 Uhr
5 Kommentare - zuletzt von

TopfHonk850Stiflers_MomkesBernardBernoullistonedhammer
stonedhammer und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

Gerry
24.10.2006 23:45

Review:
This is the definitive live retrospective from one of the world's greatest performers, from the nervous intimacy of his very first show in Paris back in 1997, to his record-breaking 'Close Encounters' tour that swept through Europe this summer. And Through It All charts Robbie's meteoric rise to the global superstar he is today. Along the way you'll see the triumph and majesty of some of his greatest performances as And Through It All takes you to the stage at his unprecedented and epic residency at Knebworth, to the green and muddy fields of Glastonbury '98 which signalled his arrival on a global scale, and to his show-stealing power at the Live 8 event.

Featuring over 50 live tracks spans his entire solo career, that has seen millions entertained and captivated in his wake as Robbie performs some of his biggest hits from the last ten years; too many to chart here from 'Feel,' 'No Regrets,' 'Let Me Entertain You' to 'Come Undone' and right through to 'Rudebox' taken from his new ninth studio album of the same name.

This 2-disc set also includes rare footage from The Forum, London (199Smiley exploring his earliest work, as he lays down the tracks that launched his solo career, from 'Old Before I Die' through to worldwide phenomenon that is 'Angels'. Elsewhere here you¿ll see an intimate recording session at Abbey Road in 2003 for BBC Radio 2, Highlights from his Live In Berlin spectacular and live shows at Slane Castle, Koln and Manchester. Dipping into TV archives from the world over, viewers are also invited to experience some of his pivotal TV moments all over again. Highlights include a guest spot on David Letterman's Late Show (USA) and Otro Rollo (Mexico), while footage from the UK includes an appearance on Later with Jools Holland, a duet with Kylie Minogue on the iconic chart show Top of the Pops, his powerhouse Full Monty medley with Tom Jones at the 2000 Brit Awards and a recent festive performance with Ant and Dec.

Track Listing:

Slane Castle (1999):

She's The One
Strong
No Regrets
Ego A Go Go
Manchester (2000):

Millennium
Karma Killer
Kids
Rock DJ
Koln (2001):

Rock DJ
Supreme
Angels
No Regrets
Let Me Entertain You
Knebworth (2003):

Come Undone
Feel
Angels
Kids
Leeds (2006):

Radio
Trippin'
Sin Sin Sin
Advertising Space
Let Me Entertain You
Rudebox
Live at The Forum (199Smiley:

Ego A Go Go
Teenage Millionaire
Clean
South of the Border
Old Before I Die
Angels
Live at Abbey Road (2003):

Come Undone
Me and My Monkey
No Regrets
Feel
Phoenix From the Flames
Live in Berlin (2005):

Feel
A Place to Crash
Tripping
Make Me Pure
Sin Sin Sin
No Regrets
Advertising Space
Other Performances:

Life Thru A Lens: Elysée Montmartre 1997
Old Before I Die: Elysée Montmartre 1997
Come Up and See Me/Leave Your Hat On: The Brits 1998
Millennium: The David Letterman Show 1999
Angels: Glastonbury 1998
It's Only Us: Apocalypse Tube 1999
Kids: Top Of The Pops 2000
Better Man: Later With Jools Holland 2000
Angels: Live 8 2005
Advertising Space: Otro Rollo 2005
White Christmas: Ant and Dec's Christmas Takeaway 2005

Leuchti
25.10.2006 23:05

Sicher eine schöne Erinnerung an die Zeit, als der Kerl noch (richtig gute) Songs geschrieben hat (bzw. hat schreiben lassen) und nicht wie momentan mit krudem Murks seinen Plattenvertrag zu Ende musiziert...

Allerdings: Ob ich fünf Mal "Angels" auf einer (Doppel-)DVD haben muss, weiß ich nicht - so gut der Song ist...

27.10.2006 18:00

Zitat:
HR

Leuchti schrieb:
Sicher eine schöne Erinnerung an die Zeit, als der Kerl noch (richtig gute) Songs geschrieben hat (bzw. hat schreiben lassen) und nicht wie momentan mit krudem Murks seinen Plattenvertrag zu Ende musiziert...

Allerdings: Ob ich fünf Mal "Angels" auf einer (Doppel-)DVD haben muss, weiß ich nicht - so gut der Song ist...
HR

*unterschreib* Smiley

frag mich nur, ob der typ in 2-3 Jahren überhaupt noch wahrgenommen wird. ich habe das gefühl, es geht stetig bergab...

Gerry
27.10.2006 18:43

600.000 vorbestellungen für sein neues album, nachdem es die kritiker schon in der luft zerrissen haben. ob es mal bergab geht, wage ich zu bezweifeln. und so der hardcore-fan bin ich auch nicht.

27.10.2006 19:53

Er hat wohl die Fan-Gemeinde, dass es egal ist, dass das Ding in der Presse zerissen wird. Die Single fand ich ganz catchy, mehr noch nicht gehört.

Icon