The Clash

eröffnet von Brian86 am 03.10.2005 22:03 Uhr
1 Kommentar - zuletzt von Brian86

Brian86
03.10.2005 22:03

Zitat:

Nearly 23 years since the release of the original group's swan song, Combat Rock, and a scant two years since the death of figurehead Joe Strummer, The Clash are reforming for another go at world domination. When guitarist Mick Jones walked away in late 1982, he knew it wasn't forever.

"I was talking to Paul just the other day, and we were saying how The Clash really defined us as people, not to just the world, but to ourselves as well. I thought we had proven all we had to prove, but when you look at how Joe really kept pushing that rock up the hill, it was really naïve for us to think we could ever stop."

Unofficially dubbed the Lightning Strikes (Not Once But Twice) Tour, The Clash will reform with Rancid front man Tim Armstrong for a series of dates through the United States, Canada, and concluding in the United Kingdom. No details as to when and where it will start, though Jones hinted, "I'd really like to visit New York City again."

Bay area punkers Rancid have been Clash fans for years, and have often seemed to embody the sound and spirit of The Clash. Armstrong's Hellcat label has included Strummer's Mescaleros on many of its budget priced compilations, though Armstrong is reticent to dub Rancid a "Clash Tribute".

"There was one historical period when the Clash happened," quipped Armstrong, "and another where Green Day, Rancid, and the Offspring happened. And the people who think we're just copying the old stuff are the guys driving fuckin' BMWs with anarchy stickers on the bumpers."

Armstrong admits, though, that it is a "deep honor" to front the reformed Clash, and pledges to sport Strummer's classic mohawk when the tour gets underway.

While no details have been released, Mick Jones believes the tour should commence sometime around Christmas 2005, wrapping up in the U.K. by next Spring. No comment was made about any future recording. "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it", Jones cryptically advised.

Quelle

np: london calling

[addsig]"...saugstark und gelb und porös und zwar sehr!"Quelle

Anzeige
Anzeige