eröffnet von oetze am 02.05.2004 13:40 Uhr
57 Kommentare - zuletzt von Bierzipfelklatscher

Bury420shellshockKuekenMcNuggetTim84Honk850Christian
Christian und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

oetze
02.05.2004 13:40

endlich isses soweit !!

Statement von Liam Howlett (Prodigy):

hey neko --- the new prodigy album is finished!
we got 11 possibly 12 fist in the air traks .
it sounds sinister, electronic, trashy, sexy and fresh to my ears.
this album is about reminding people what the prodigy was always about---the beats and the music.
the vocals on this record are mostly used as an extension of the sound rather than the main focal point.
like jilted , keef and maxim were'nt involved musically and they are not on this album. ALL 3 of us will be together to do what we do and play this record live and rock it later in the year, we cant fukin wait!
you will probably begin to hear stuff early summer and the new album will hit in august. yeah -- more news to follow soon.

"if i was in world war 2 ,they'd call me spitfire!" Liam Prodigy

Release-Termin: 16.August

ENDLICH !!

Sirlomosch
02.05.2004 13:43

Geil, an meinem Geburtstag wird es released! Smiley

Freu mich riesig auf den Spätsommer, erst Prodigy und dann noch Beastie Boys, sehr sehr geil![addsig]

everlast
02.05.2004 19:59

Festivaltermine damit wohl sehr, sehr realistisch.
Oho, wie geil wäre das denn: Prodigy als CoHead und als Head die Beastie Boys![addsig]

DarkCounter
02.05.2004 23:39

wer is jetz eigentlich alles raus aus der band ? is keith jetz draußen oder net ?!

Comatose
03.05.2004 13:54

nein keith is net draußen...
Band besteht aus Liam, Keith und Maxim... und der andere Typ, dieser schlacksige Riese von dem eh keiner den namen kennt, der is raus... war eh nur n tänzer, juckt also niemanden weiter
Aber YEAAAAHHH!!!! NEUES PRODIGY ALBUM!!!! Dafür das es schon 2001 raus kommen sollte muss es richtig gut werden!

Bierzipfelklatscher
03.05.2004 14:05

Zitat:
HR

everlast schrieb:
Festivaltermine damit wohl sehr, sehr realistisch.
Oho, wie geil wäre das denn: Prodigy als CoHead und als Head die Beastie Boys!
HR

juppp, dat wärs...

nur wär ich für andere Reihenfolge

Denn ich denke, dass prodigy als co-head kein Festival zusagen werden und Recht ham se!!

Wenn man an 98 denkt ist Ihre Denkweise auch zu verstehen. (Vorausgesetzt die denken auch so...) Smiley

everlast
09.06.2004 18:44

Fürs am 16. August kommende neue Prodigy-Album "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned" haben sich jetzt neue Gäste offenbart. Neben Schauspiel-Schönheit Juliette Lewis werden nun niemand geringeres als Noel und Liam Gallagher ihren kreativen Senf dazu geben. Es wird stetig spannender

quelle: visions.de[addsig]

oetze
20.06.2004 13:59

es nimmt langsam Formen an:

hier die Tracklist:

01. Spitfire
02. Girls (with vocals by The Ping Pong Bitches)
03. Memphis Bells (with Princess Superstar)
04. Get Up Get Off
05. Hot Ride (with Juliette Lewis)
06. Wake Up Call (with Kool Keith)
07. Action Radar
08. Medusa's Path
09. Phoenix
10. You'll Be under my wheels
11. The Way It Is
12. Shoot Down (with Liam Gallagher)

offizieller Releastermin:

UK & rest of the world: 23rd August 2004
USA: 14th September 2004

Europa-Tournee voraussichtlich ab Oktober
(Gott, wird das geil)

und hier noch das (eventuelle) Album-Cover:

2 Songs sind schon im Web unterwegs (ripped radio versions): siehe www.theprodigy.nl
(An alle verbohrten Rock-Fans: ihr braucht diese Mucke gleich garnicht runterladen, prodigy sind wieder zu ihren Wurzeln zurückgekehrt: absolut 100 % keimfrei : ELEKTRONISCH)

Girls
-(die neues Single) Release 30.August

Memphis Bells
(wird zusätzlich auf der Single als A-Side sein)

Beide sind schon auf Vinyl erhältlich !

Und hier noch der Meister persönlich:

Ciao Bellas

heulsuse
20.06.2004 21:54

naja, die beiden tracks "girls" und "memphis bells" die man sich anhören kann sind ja eher lau. girls geht ja noch gerade so, aber memphis bells ist ja richtig ätzend.

bei der gelegenheit werde ich aber gleich mal die fat of the land rausholen und auf meinen ipod packen Smiley

KuekenMcNugget
KuekenMcNugget
25.06.2004 21:25

The Prodigy's neuer Output, 'Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned' betitelt, rückt in greifbare Nähe. Ab Montag, 28. Juni, kann auf der Internet-Seite www.alwaysoutnumbered.com ein exklusiver Download gesaugt werden. 'Memphis Bells' heisst das Stück und birgt Besonderes. Auf 5000 Downloads reduziert, ist jede Version ein Original, da die Fans auf dieser Seite einen individuellen Mix anfertigen können. (mn)

Quelle: mtv.de

[addsig]

oetze
03.07.2004 17:30

Hier noch ein paar Infos zu den Tracks :

Spitfire

Massive opener and statement of intent, featuring vocals from actress Juliette Lewis. “I wanted to start with World War III”, says Liam Howlett. “A friend saw Juliette's band, The Licks, in Los Angeles and said she had a shouty Patti Smith voice, so I sent her tapes. People are going to slag off a Hollywood star doing music, but she's for real.”

Girls

The first single. Dirty electro-punk reminiscent of Smack my Bitch Up, featuring vocals from all-girl electro-punk outfit Ping Pong Bitches. Howlett: “There's nothing deep about this track or this album. It's what Prodigy does best: big, dumb, rocking tunes. You're not going to get any meaningful stuff out of it.”

Memphis Bells

Bass-driven instrumental with a squiggly electronic motif. And lots of bells. “I wanted something to signal my change of direction.”, says Howlett. “This sounds like Timbaland on acid”.

Get Up Get Off

Dark brutalist electro featuring breakneck rapper Twista, who recently scored a Top 10 hit with Slow Jamz. Howlett: “I first heard Twista three years ago. He's got a really fast flow. I wanted a real London rap tune, and I think the street will respond to this.”

Hotride

Juliette Lewis reappears for this outing that borrows from Fifth Dimension's uber-Kitch Up, Up and Away. “Up, up, and away in my beautiful balloon”, sings Lewis, adding a louche “give me a ride”. Suggesting that views of the countryside from a wicker basket aren't her prime concerns. “The Prodigy have been taking themselves too seriously,” says Howlett, “This is quirky”.

Wake Up Call

The Prodigy get the funk, as Kool Keith delivers the message “You better wake up!” amid a flurry of mad flute samples. Howlett: “A slap in the face to myself after [poorly received 2002 single] Baby's got a Temper. I needed to change, or we were fucked.”

Action Radar

Kraftwerk meets Gary Numan, with a man screaming over the top. The latter is Paul Jackson from unsigned Essex punk band Dirt Candy. “I heard ‘em while I was in the bath,” says Howlett. “I was like, Turn that fucking shit down! Nat's daughter told me it was her friend's dad, so I rang him up and got him to sing on this.”

Medusa's Path

Cinematic instrumental with a distinctly Middle Eastern flavour. Howlett: “I'd love to play an Arab country, but we wouldn't really be welcome there. But still, I like the vibe….”

Phoenix

Jagged stop-start dance-rock hybrid featuring a sample from Shocking Blue's 1969 track Love Buzz, later covered by Nirvana. Howlett:”This is a complete jack of someone else's production and song. I'm not scared to do that even after 12 years in The Prodigy. You have to take risks.”

You'll Be Under My Wheels

A one-dimensional slab of fuzzy techno. Even Howlett isn't keen. “Not a lot to say on this,” he shrugs. “It's just an album filler.”

The Way It Is

Built on a recreated sample of Michael Jackson's Thriller, this trades th usual sledgehammer approach for some welcome light and shade. Howlett: “I was drinking Red Bull and Vodka, and I wanted to chew Michael Jackson's arse off and spit it back out again.”

Shootdown

Aggro-charged finale, featuring Liam Gallagher on vocals and brother Noel on bass. “Liam and I first agreed to do a track six years ago.” Says Howlett. “A year ago, we ended up getting pissed in the studio, and this happened. It's quite punk rock. Easily more punk than Oasis.”

Bierzipfelklatscher
04.07.2004 12:57

just an album filler - wauwau

@oetze:
so eine Niete, hods deeen, spinnt wohl!

Smiley[addsig]

oetze
04.07.2004 13:30

Aufpasse Burschi !

Hüte deine Zunge Knappe und erzürne nicht den Meister des Beats !

Ansonsten:

julianatheory
04.07.2004 13:57

die promo von dem album schwirrt schon irgendwo auf meinem schreibtisch rum. hab leider noch keine gelegenheit gefunden hineinzuhören. Smiley

NoelGallagher
04.07.2004 23:38Supporter

Zitat:
HR

Comatose schrieb:
Noel und Liam Gallagher.... *kopfschüttel*
HR

Ich wollte auch erst nicht, aber da ich es zusammen mit meinem Bruder bereits geschafft habe, Oasis zu ruinieren, war es nur logisch, jetzt The Prodigy zu neuen "Höhen" zu führen.[addsig]

DiveAndTurnaround
06.07.2004 20:39

Hotride ist bei weitem der beste Track auf dem enttäuschenden Album

oetze
07.07.2004 14:10

Spitfire - geil

Girls - geil

Memphis Bells - wiascht !

Get up Get off - extrem sauwiascht - one of my favourites

Hotride - rockt extrem herb

Wake up - Kool Keith in Bestform

Action Radar - Absoluter Rotz

Medusas Path - Abprall-Lied - erbatz

Phoenix - dto.

You´ll be under my wheels - guat

The way it is - Liam Jackson sounds good

Shoot down - vom Sound der Oberhammer, wenn nur dieses Gegröhle von diesem Oasis-Arsch nicht wäre

Liam Howlett hat sich auf diesem Album wieder mal neu erfunden. Das kostet Fans und bringt neue Fans (wie schon bei den vorherigen drei Alben)

Ich bin auf jeden Fall froh, dass es wieder Richtung Elektromucke geht. Den nötigen Schwung Rock bekomm ich von genügend anderen Gruppen !!

und dieses Album live -- uuuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh

Comatose
10.07.2004 13:28

Zitat:
HR

NoelGallagher schrieb:

Ich wollte auch erst nicht, aber da ich es zusammen mit meinem Bruder bereits geschafft habe, Oasis zu ruinieren, war es nur logisch, jetzt The Prodigy zu neuen "Höhen" zu führen.
HR

Smiley Smiley[addsig]

Icon