Michael Stipe

eröffnet von Kaan am 20.12.2014 01:02 Uhr
10 Kommentare - zuletzt von concertfreak

Kaan
Kaan
20.12.2014 01:02AdminSupporter

REM's Michael Stipe will sing again, he says

The singer, who has only sung in the shower since REM’s split, misses the stage and thinks his voice has improved as he has aged

(...)

Whatever form this new singing takes, don’t expect it “soon”. And don’t expect Stipe to reform REM: he is still adamant that they will never reunite. “There’s no point,” he said. “I despise nostalgia. I’m not good at looking back.”

Zitat anzeigen

www.theguardian.com/music/2014/dec/15/rem-michael-stipe-will-sing-again

PastorOfMuppets
PastorOfMuppets
30.12.2014 22:46Supporter

Michael played a surprise set last night at Webster Hall in NYC where he opened for Patti Smith. It was a special night in many ways given Michael and Patti's connection through the years as musical & artistic kindred spirits; there's also historical significance in that Webster Hall, which used to be called the Ritz back in the day, is where R.E.M. opened for Gang of Four in 1981 when Michael was 21.

The set list last night was:

LUCINDA WILLIAMS by Vic Chesnutt (with PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER in the intro)
NEW YORK, NEW YORK as written for Liza Minnelli
WING by Patti Smith
SATURN RETURN by R.E.M.
HOOD by Perfume Genius
NEW TEST LEPER by R.E.M. (with OH HOLY NIGHT in the bridge)

With the exception of a few songs for Tibet House at Carnegie Hall in 2011, "Losing My Religion" with Chris Martin at Madison Square Garden for 12/12/12, & "Wichita Lineman" with Patti previously, this was Michael's first Public performance since 2008.

Zitat anzeigen

R.E.M. bei Facebook

Michael Stipe performs rare, unannounced solo set opening for Patti Smith in New York

LustigerAstronaut
LustigerAstronaut
31.12.2014 01:31

Irgendwie erinnert er mich auf dem Bild ein bissel an Papa Schlumpf...

Anzeige
Shinedown
Amaryllis
Mehr dazu
Anzeige
Anzeige