Some questions - First time at RaR

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2014 (u.a. mit Iron Maiden, Kings of Leon, Linkin Park, Metallica)

eröffnet von RobinHood am 07.05.2014 10:53 Uhr
6 Kommentare - zuletzt von RobinHood

Mephistopheles und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

RobinHood
07.05.2014 10:53

Hi everyone,

I have been to many festivals in England but this is my first festival in another country, I am hoping you can give me some advice..

1. Is there any way we can get to a local town/village which has a supermarket by bus from the festival? We are travelling by bus from England so we can only bring a limited amount of food & drink so will need to buy more during the weekend - I know that there are supermarkets in the festival but I guess these are very expensive?

2. What time do the showers open and close?

3. How much does beer and food in the festival area cost?

Thanks for your help!

Topf
Topf
07.05.2014 11:05

Hello and welcome to ringrocker.com.

1. there is a Supermarket in Adenau and a bus goes there from the Nuerburgring, you can find the schedule here. More information on nuerburgring.de

2. afaik the showers are open 24/7 but i'm not shure becaus i'm camping un the regular camping site in Muellenbach.

3. beer ist 3€ + 1€ deposit, food is roundabout 3€ for a brezel and 6-7€ for a plate of noodles

RobinHood
07.05.2014 12:26

Thanks Topf, your info is very helpful!

Do you have any tips for which is the best camping site?

Also, what is the normal weather at rock am ring?

duffyduck
07.05.2014 12:42

There is no normal weather in this region, be prepared for everything from freezing cold to pretty warm.

IndieCaro
IndieCaro
07.05.2014 13:27

And do not Trust the weather report days before the Festival. They are not very reliable. I have never been to the Festival without at least one really cold and rainy day.

The last years it was possible to buy beer on the street between the Camping Site right in front of the warsteiner village. The beer costs 1€ per 0,5l can.

The showers are Open 24 hours but sometimes the Waiting line is very Long. So be early or very late so you don't have to wait too Long.

I think it's impossible to say wich campsite is the best because everyone has his or her own favourite. I prefer A5 and the Chance to find a Good Place there is quite good because it is one of the huge places.

RobinHood
07.05.2014 14:32

Cool. We are looking forward to seeing how you Germans do festivals! We hear lots of good things!