Need help: Travelling from Frankfurt or Düsseldorf

Festival Forum: Diskussion zu Rock am Ring 2013 (u.a. mit Green Day, Thirty Seconds to Mars, The Prodigy)

eröffnet von Emppu am 29.12.2013 18:50 Uhr
11 Kommentare - zuletzt von Emppu

NezzorF und weitere Nutzer sprechen darüber

Emppu
29.12.2013 18:50

Me and two of my friends are coming from Finland and we are flying to Frankfurt or Düsseldorf. The problem is that we are not finding a proper connection to Nürburg or better said from Nürburg. We are arriving on Wednesday June 4th and leaving on Monday June 9th. I tried to find connection from Deutsch Bahn website, but it claims that trains/busses aren't driving on Monday. Can it be possible?? And actually on english sites wasn't connections at all on those dates. Is it possible that there will be more connections nearer the festival?

I also read from here that there shuttle bus going from Koblenz to Nürburg. Does it drive already on Wednesday and also on Monday?

It would be great if you could help us!!

Kaan
Kaan
29.12.2013 19:01AdminSupporter

There will be shuttle busses from and to Koblenz Main Station (search for Koblenz Hbf on bahn.de to find connecting trains to either "Frankfurt Flughafen Fernbf." or "Düsseldorf Flughafen").

DiebelsAlt83
DiebelsAlt83
29.12.2013 19:02Supporter

I think you have to travel from Düsseldorf to Koblenz via Deutsche Bahn and then from Koblenz to Nürburg with these shuttle busses. They should go on Wednesday and Monday but I don't know departure and arrival times. I think you'll find them at Rock am Ring homepage.

Emppu
29.12.2013 19:14

Thanks for answer! I already found the connecting trains. Do we need to book trip from and to Koblenz or does busses drive non-stop. Do you already have any idea times when they start to drive on Wednesday and Monday? We are around 1 pm in Koblenz on Wednesday and we need to leave from Koblenz around noon on Monday!

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

DiebelsAlt83
DiebelsAlt83
29.12.2013 19:18Supporter

There are no departure and arrival times for the shuttle busses yet. They will be announced via Rock am Ring homepage some time before the event, it is said there.

Emppu
29.12.2013 19:22

Thanks! Most important thing was to know that they drive on Wednesday and Monday. I speak some German, but my skills aren't that good and I have had some difficulties to understand everythin on RaR website, so it helps a lot that you translate!

DiebelsAlt83
DiebelsAlt83
29.12.2013 19:55Supporter

Oh. I didn't know, that you can not change the language to english on the homepage. Can't believe it, but I don't find it either.

Emppu
29.12.2013 20:12

Yeah, it was a surprise because this is so big event! Well I basically understood most of it, but not everything. Haven't used German in a while and have forgot a lot. Next summer can practise five days!

Borland94
29.12.2013 23:50

Don't worry, usually the busses leave every hour from the Koblenz Hbf and you can buy tickets therefor , outside the Hbf at the Sparda Bank. On my first trip in 2012 nearly everything went perfectly

Emppu
30.12.2013 10:09

Great!! We didn't realize that there's a shuttle bus and were looking for connections from airport to Nürburg. There would have been 3-4 changes. Now we can get from airport straight to Koblenz and then to shuttle bus. Super!! Hardly can wait until June!! \m/