Beady Eye

eröffnet von RocknRollStar am 13.11.2009 15:32 Uhr
173 Kommentare - zuletzt von RocknRollStar

RocknRollStar
13.11.2009 15:32

Liam Gallagher has vowed to play his first solo gigs “in a couple of months’” time. The former Oasis frontman made the admission during a radio interview with Italian station Radio Deejay this morning (November 13). During the interview, he also gave more details about what caused Oasis to split.

Asked by presenters whether he was missing touring since the band split in September, Gallagher responded: “I’ll be back doing that [playing live] within a couple of months. I’ve just done a tour, I always miss singing songs. I miss the people.”

He added that he isn’t keen on playing smaller venues for the gigs, before confirming that he’s currently writing new material with his former Oasis bandmates, minus brother Noel. “We’re sort of doing things at the moment. Andy & Gem on guitar, Chris on the drums and a new bassist. Not Oasis, Oasis is done. Everyone except for Noel,” Gallagher explained.

Zitat anzeigen

Timmy84
14.11.2009 11:31

Smiley Dachte meine armen Ohren wären die Sippe endgültig losSmiley Smiley

Aber gz an die Fans wenns da die Solodinger kommenSmiley Smiley

RocknRollStar
14.11.2009 16:12

Timmy84 schrieb:
Smiley Dachte meine armen Ohren wären die Sippe endgültig losSmiley Smiley

SmileySmiley

schlippen
14.11.2009 19:55

NoelGallagher schrieb:
Bin hin- und hergerissen...

Smiley

Geht mir genauso. Hätte grundsätzlich aber lieber Noel.

RocknRollStar
01.12.2009 18:21

BITTE nicht, als unter Oasis weitermachen. Wobei würde mich wundern wenn sie überhaupt noch von Festivals gebucht werden

NoelGallagher
01.12.2009 19:20Supporter

Ich bin gespannt. Von Liam erwarte ich ein krachendes Rock-Album, allerdings haben wir Liam auch solche Peinlichkeite wie Little James und Songbird zu verdanken. Die besten Oasis-Songs waren klar von Noel. Von Noel erwarte ich eher was ruhigeres, akustisches.[addsig]

schlippen
01.12.2009 20:40

Ich hoffe inständig, dass sich Liam das nochmal überlegt. Wäre mMn keine besonders gute Idee.

Wundert mich sowieso, dass da auch Gem Archer weitermacht. Der schien doch immer eher "pro Noel" zu sein.

LiamGallagher
01.12.2009 20:42

Problem beim Noel ist: der kann ein Album alleine machen (siehe die ersten Alben), weil er die musikalische Fertigkeiten dazu hat, der braucht die Gastmusiker nicht.

Das Gegenteil ist bei Liam der Fall, würde mich wundern, wenn er Noten lesen kann.

schlippen
01.12.2009 20:43

Bei dem, was er manchmal von sich gibt, würde es mich wundern, wenn er überhaupt lesen kann. Smiley

RocknRollStar
02.12.2009 00:44

Stimmt schon. Liam braucht eine Band um sich, die ihn auch bei seinem Songwriting unterstützt.

Auf Dauer wäre Oasis ohne Noel einfach nicht mehr die gleiche Band, von daher sollten sie das besser lassen.

Noel macht wohl erstmal noch Sendepause, der weiss was er kann und wenn er das richtig anpackt kommt da sicher eine gute Platte bei rum. Da mache ich mir keine Sorgen.

@Noel: "Songbird" geht schon. Nette kleine Akustiknummer.

RocknRollStar
03.12.2009 17:26

Glaube das kann man wieder in Oasis umbennen. An einen kompletten Neustart unter anderem Namen glaube ich nicht. Trotzdem krass dass sie wohl keine Songs von Noel spielen, da machts dann eigentlich schon wieder keinen Sinn das unter Oasis laufen zu lassen. Hmmm

Liam says there are many songs written, and six or seven recorded in demo form. Bass player Andy Bell has now switched to guitar and Liam has brought in a new bassist, whom he refuses to name except to say that he comes from Bury. “We've got some studio time booked after Christmas and we're going to go in, bang it out. We're not going to fart around with it. It's going to be lean, not over-indulgent and I think people are going to like it,” says Liam. “It's rock 'n' roll, man. The melodies are totally different from Noel's. It's going to sound like Oasis but a touch different.”

The big question is, will this band still be called Oasis?

“We don't know, man,” says Liam. “We've got a lot of names floating about. None of them are sticking. None of us can agree on it. What's the word...democracy. “Listen, everyone's always going to recognise me as Oasis, so at the moment, it's Oasis. And I know a lot of people will go 'Oh, it'll never be the same without Noel'. No s***, you know. “If we come up with a supercool name that we all agree on, then away we go. If we don't then I'm not going to f***ing beat myself up about it. We're Oasis. If people like it, they like it. If people don't, then don't buy the record.”

TheMo
13.12.2009 20:36

oasis - meine helden. 15.1.09 dresden, 19.7.09 melt! - thanks for these great evenings!
bin eigentlich eher noel-fan. liam will aber ja schon im juli 2010 ein oasis 2.0 album rausbringen. 1-2 monate vorher vielleicht ne single? würde doch passen.

RocknRollStar
15.12.2009 18:15

Das könnte echt noch was werden mit Festivaldates. Ziehen das wohl richtig groß auf.

Since Oasis imploded in August, the singer has been busy launching his clothing line Pretty Green.

But Oasis Mark Two are also working on new songs and Liam, 37, wants every moment caught on camera.

A source told me: “With so many changes in his life Liam decided it would be a good idea to have a record of them.

“He’s got someone filming what he’s working on and that includes the new band making their album, as well as his fashion commitments.

“At the moment he doesn’t know what he’ll do with the footage but if there’s enough demand it could end up being a DVD alongside the new album.”

Liam has already said he hopes to be back on the live music circuit by summer 2010, with a record under his belt. Former Oasis lads Gem Archer, 43, Andy Bell, 39, Chris Sharrock, 45, and Jay Darlington, 41, are all on board the new outfit, which could keep the Oasis moniker.

My source continued: “Liam is fed up with people thinking Noel was the brains behind the group.

“By filming studio sessions, fans can see how hard he works and how involved he is in the creative process.

“Liam takes his job very seriously and isn’t afraid at letting the cameras poke their lenses in to prove it.”

Business will resume after a Christmas break. Meanwhile, Noel has been shy to confirm any plans for solo music.

It’s unlikely the squabbling brothers will mend their feud anytime soon either.

RocknRollStar
28.01.2010 17:39

Vielleicht geht es sich ja mit dem Ring noch aus Smiley ich gebe im Zweifel bescheid

Liam Gallagher's new band are aiming to release an album by July.

The singer says that his new group – featuring former Oasis bandmates Andy Bell and Gem Archer – had eight songs, and are aiming to head into the studio soon.

"A lot of these songs I wrote before the band [Oasis] split up," Gallagher told XFM. "I mean, there's a few new ones on there that are coming out now."

He added: "We're going in [the studio] in April with a producer, we're going to do three songs with him and if he doesn't balls it up and we don't balls it up then we'll go in and do the whole album with him."

Gallagher suggested he was keen to get on with the new, still nameless group - saying he regretted the fact that Oasis only made seven albums in the 16 years they had a record deal. He called the amount of music Oasis' put out in their career "poor", and chastised the band for taking so long to produce new material.

"Seven albums for Oasis is not good, I don't think. We've been going 18 years, 16 years or whatever and all we've done is seven albums. Ian Brown's on his seventh solo album. I just think it's poor, really," Gallagher said.

"I'm not going to beat myself up about it, I think we should have made better, bigger albums. Or more albums. Having like four or five years off is just no good," he added. "Obviously Noel (Gallagher) wanted a bit of time off and we don't. The band split in August – we was in the studio in November 'cos we're mad for it."

28.01.2010 21:31

RocknRollStar schrieb:
Vielleicht geht es sich ja mit dem Ring noch aus Smiley ich gebe im Zweifel bescheid

Weißt du wieder mehr?

RocknRollStar
31.01.2010 02:28

War nicht ganz ernst gemeint bzw. wüde ich da natürlich Auskunft geben, sobald mir was zu Ohren kommt. Aber im Moment ist bezüglich Live Plänen noch nichts konkret, das Album wird auch tendenziell eher etwas später als Juli rauskommen, das zieht sich im Endeffekt immer etwas länger bis dann alle zufrieden sind.

schlippen
17.02.2010 17:05

Geiler Auftritt bei den Britawards!

Fänd Oasis 2.0. immer noch stark am Indie-Alterna-Tag!

17.02.2010 17:22

schlippen schrieb:
Geiler Auftritt bei den Britawards!

Fänd Oasis 2.0. immer noch stark am Indie-Alterna-Tag!

Zitat anzeigen

Bedankt sich bei allen damaligen Band-Kollegen außer Noel, dem das ganze Album zu verdanken ist. Geil ist was anderes, aber den Preis einfach mal wegzuschmeißen, das hat was.
Der Name "Oasis 2.0" ist übrigens glücklicherweise aus dem Rennen. Wär auch sehr peinlich gewesen.

schlippen
17.02.2010 17:26

Ich bezog mich auch auf den Award, den er wegschmiss. Dass da allerdings auch noch ein Noel-Diss kommt, war fast zu erwarten.

RocknRollStar
27.03.2010 21:51

Werden natürlich nicht unter diesem Namen auftreten aber für den Anfang weiss wenigstens jeder was gemeint ist

Neuer Bassist (nachdem Andy Bell die Leadgitarre übernimmt) wird übrigens Jeff Wootton, seines Zeichens auch bei den Gorillaz involviert. Lustige Geschichte wenn man die Connection Liam-Damon bedenkt.

Anzeige
Anzeige